You can head to Admin > Integrations page in Small Improvements to access the SFTP settings.
Trinet creates a Custom Report
- The column titles must be identical to those in the Small Improvements import file, or it will not update the correct information.
- Trinet’s HR Custom tab fields can be included in the Custom Report.
- Ensure the requested information is added correctly in the same order they appear below.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Login Email
- Manager Email
- Employee ID
- Hiring Date
- Alternative Email
- Secondary Reviewer
- Preferred Name
- Leaving Date
- Termination Type
- Employment Type
Test the custom report in Small Improvements
- Export the report from Trinet in CSV format.
- Head to your Admin Settings > User Management > Import Users and upload the custom report. After uploading the file, you’ll see a preview of the data.
- Review any errors and request adjustments to the report if any are required.
- Cancel and do not “Import” the file. This is because you are only testing the data and do not want to apply the changes via this manual upload process.
Create the SSH Key
- Use this guide from Small Improvements for setting up the pair, and engage your IT team for key assistance.
- Set up an SFTP destination in Trinet using the key you created and the details below.
- Host: Can be found in Small Improvements
- Username: Can be found in Small Improvements
- Password: no password (we are using SSH Keys instead)
- Port: 2222
- Sub Directory: /
- Filename: Can be anything, per Trinet
- File Output Type: .csv
- Frequency to be sent: Can set it to run automatic imports every 2 hours in Small Improvements
- Technical Contact for additional questions: IT contact from Trinet
Finalizing the setup in Small Improvements
- In Small Improvements, head to your Admin > Integrations > SFTP page, and here you can input the contents of the .pub (public key) and save the settings.
- Schedule your report in Trinet to be sent to the SFTP destination on a recurring basis.
Troubleshooting integration issues
If you are facing issues syncing your data from Trinet to Small Improvements, you can view the troubleshooting information in our SFTP Troubleshooting Guide.